Friday, July 6, 2018

Baby Shower Invitation

Hello!  Welcome to Cate's Cards Ink!
I'm happy you found me.

Today I'm featuring the first card, rather cards that I made, as it is my daughter's baby shower invitation and I mass produced a "few" of them.



Please forgive my poor photography skills.  I hope to get better photos of future cards.  Since this was my first ever card, I had no idea I would become addicted to card making and that it would lead to blogging or any of the things that it's led to.

For this card I used white card stock for the base.  For the shaker background I used a gray chevron card stock I purchased on Amazon.  The top layer of the shaker is Gina K Designs In the Navy card stock.  I used a circle die to cut out the middle and added Hot Off the Press Acetate behind it.  I inserted some Lucy's Cards Twilight sequins in the window and sealed it down with foam tape surrounding the circle.

I then added the following die cuts...

Elephant - My Favorite Things Adorable Elephants Stamp Set & Dies
Umbrella - Poppy Stamps - Stitched Umbrella dies
Baby Word - Simon Says Stamp Word die

Lastly, I heat embossed the word "shower" from the Simon Says Stamp Baby Stamp set under the word baby using Versamark Ink, Hero Arts White Embossing Powder and my Wagner heat gun.

Inside (not shown) I used Taylored Expressions Invitation stamp and filled in each line with handwritten information regarding the shower details.

The invitations were then mailed in Gina K Designs In the Navy Envelopes with the recipients' addresses on labels so they would show up on the dark envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Birthday

Today is my dear hubby's birthday so I created this card with love for him.  Fall is one of my favorite seasons.  (Second only to Spring...